Nurses International (NI) recognizes that an individual’s privacy is very important to them and that they have a right to control their personal information. Nurses International acknowledges that when an individual provides personal information about themselves to another party it is an act of trust. In response, Nurses International takes the process of upholding an individual’s privacy very seriously. Unless an individual gives Nurses International explicit consent to act otherwise, the following policy will govern how Nurses International handles an individual’s personal information and safeguards their privacy.
The principles contained in this privacy document apply to all personal information collected or submitted to Nurses International.
1. What information of yours does Nurses International collect?
Nurses International collects two different types of information. One type is voluntary information, which you provide, such as registration information for events, membership information, or shipping and billing information. The other type of information Nurses International collects is user information provided by your computer each time you visit nursesinternational.org, such as IP address, browser. The information that Nurses International collects helps us to provide information and service to you. We may combine information from other sources with the information that we collect.
2. What does Nurses International do with the information that is collected?
Any information that you provide to Nurses International or that is obtained through this web site may be used for organizational purposes. NI will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to commercial entities. Nurses International will not disclose your name, address, e-mail address or phone number without your express consent, unless disclosure is necessary to comply with laws or relevant legal proceedings.
Nurses International may offer services to you such as chat rooms, message boards, or other similar discussion forums. Please be aware that any information you divulge in these arenas is deemed public information and is not protected.
3. What are “cookies” and how does Nurses International use them?
Most browsers (Microsoft Explorer, Netscape) are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to either refuse all cookies or to notify you when you are receiving a cookie and allow you to decide whether or not to accept it.
4. How does linking to other sites affect my privacy protections?
5. What type of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
The security of the information that you provide to us is very important to us. Consequently, we have taken several measures to protect your information. All transactions involving sensitive information, such as your credit/debit card number and expiration date, are conducted using a SSL (Secure Socket Layer) connection. This connection provides increased security to the information as it is transmitted to our website.
6. How does Nurses International protect the privacy of children?
Nurses International encourages parents and guardians to spend time with their children online. No information should be submitted to or posted on Nurses International’s web site by users 13 years old and younger without the consent of their parent or guardian. Unless otherwise disclosed during collection, Nurses International will not provide any personally identifying information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever for our users 13 years and younger. If any services or features on the site require registration, a user 13 years old and younger will be required to provide the email of the parent or guardian which will allow us to notify that person that the child has registered for a service or feature. Parental or guardian consent will consist of an email from that person to Nurses International stating that they are aware that the child is using the web site. Identifying a user as 13 or under is not easy and Nurses International will not be held responsible for anyone misrepresenting as over 13 when in fact they are not.
7. Nurses International reserves the right to change or amend this policy.
Nurses International reserves the right to change, amend, or restate this policy.
8. Your affirmative consent to Nurses International’s collection and use of personally identifiable information.
By using Nurses International’s website, you are giving us your express consent to use all the information that we collect about you in the manner described in this policy. This includes the release of such information to third parties as described above.
9. Questions or Concerns?
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
- Nurses International Does Not Provide Medical or Health AdviceThe Sites do not provide medical or health advice. The contents of the Sites, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from Nurses International’s links, licensors, and other Nurses International Content (as defined below) contained on or linked to or from the Sites are for educational and informational purposes only. The Nurses International Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical or health advice, diagnosis, or treatment, unless otherwise specified. Information on these Sites is generic and is not designed to take into account the specific objectives, needs, and circumstances of any particular individual. We cannot guarantee that the information on the Sites is accurate and up-to-date. Seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Sites. If you think you may have a medical emergency, you should contact your doctor or call 911, or seek other emergency assistance if 911 is not available to you.Nurses International does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, treatments, opinions, or other information that may be described, mentioned, or discussed in any of the services, databases, or pages accessible within or from the Sites. Reliance on any information provided by Nurses International, Nurses International employees, others appearing on the Sites at the invitation of Nurses International, other visitors to the Sites, or Third Party Sites that the Sites may link to, is solely at your own risk
- Nurses International ContentNurses International owns or licenses all legal right, title, and interest in the Sites and in any text, information, communications, software, photos, video, graphics, music, sounds, scripts, icons, images, audio clips, designs, interfaces, layouts, and other material and services developed by or for Nurses International on the Sites, and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein, including without limitation, message boards, chat, and other original content (the ” Nurses International Content”). For the avoidance of doubt, the materials defined as Nurses International Content do not include any materials or services provided by Third Party Sites or any Third Party Content.Nurses International authorizes you to view and download copies of the Nurses International Content on the Sites solely for personal or educational, noncommercial use, provided:
- The source of the content is appropriately acknowledged
- You acknowledge that Nurses International providers remain the owner of all Nurses International content posted on the Sites, and that you do not acquire any of those ownership rights by reproducing such content for non-commercial or educational purposes; and
- You may not download, copy, or use the Nurses International logo and any other marks or logos appearing on the Sites for any purpose without the permission of Nurses International.
Nurses International TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT, AND DOES NOT ENDORSE THE VIEWS OR INFORMATION EXPRESSED BY THE ORGANIZATIONS OR INDIVIDUALS RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH THIRD PARTY SITES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Nurses International DENIES ALL LIABILITY (INCLUDING FOR NEGLIGENCE) FOR ANY LOSS, COST, EXPENSE, INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THIRD PARTY SITES.
You agree that you will not submit, post or upload any material to the Sites that:
- Is inappropriate, offensive, or contrary to any applicable laws or standards. This includes, without limitation, material which: (i) is obscene or indecent, depicts violence, sexual activity, or pornography; or contains instructions in crime or drug use; or (ii) defames, harasses, menaces, threatens, abuses, offends, bullies, or embarrasses any person;
Infringes the copyright, moral rights, confidentiality rights, or intellectual property rights of any person, for example, by reproducing text, images, lectures, songs, poems, articles, logos, trademarks, pictures, photos, music, or other material that is not owned by you (or which you do not have a license to reproduce on the Sites);
- Infringes any of our rights or the rights of any third person including privacy rights;
- Impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Breaches applicable local, national, or international laws, regulations, standards, or codes as enacted, modified, or updated from time to time;
- Advocates the use of force or violence towards any person;
- Encourages, endorses, approves, or recommends the performance of dangerous or illegal acts;
- Is an advertisement or any form of commercial solicitation; or
- Contains adware, spyware, worms, viruses, or other code that has harmful or destructive properties.
You may not use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead Nurses International as to the origin of any Submissions. You agree to indemnify Nurses International for all claims arising from or in connection with any claims to any rights in any materials or Submissions.
You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Nurses International with respect thereto.
Nurses International does not endorse any user Submissions or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Nurses International expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with user Submissions.
- User ConductYou agree not to use the Sites or the Nurses International Content to: (i) restrict or inhibit others from using and enjoying the Sites; (ii) gain unauthorized access to other accounts on the Sites, other computer systems, or networks; (iii) store, collect, or disclose any information except as strictly necessary to use the Sites; or (iv) impersonate or otherwise misrepresent any person or entity, make false or misleading indications of origin or fact. You agree not to use the Sites or the Nurses International Content to transmit or upload: (i) unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, “spam,” chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation; (ii) any material that violates or infringes the rights of third parties; (iii) any virus or any programs or component designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment; (iv) any material that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harmful, harassing, defamatory, tortious, hateful, obscene, sexually explicit or indecent, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations that apply to your use of the Sites. You, and not Nurses International, shall be responsible for ensuring that your use of the Sites and Nurses International Content does not constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable law, regulation, or ordinance, including, but not limited to, U.S. law regarding the transmission of technical data. You agree to obey the requirements, procedures and policies of computer systems connected to the Sites. Nurses International shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or review your conduct on the Sites.You further agree not to access or attempt to access any Sites which you are not authorized to access or to provide or facilitate access to any nonpublic sections of the Sites by any unauthorized user.
- Notices of Alleged InfringementIn the event you believe that any content posted on the Sites infringes your copyright or other intellectual property rights, you may notify Nurses International by providing the information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), 17 U.S.C. 512, to Nurses International as follows: a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as address, telephone number, and if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted; d) identification of the Nurses International Content that is claimed to be infringing or to be subject to infringing activity and that is to be removed, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the Nurses International Content; e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the Nurses International Content in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, agent, or the law; and f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.Nurses International’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is Miriam Chickering 22715 Grouse St. Bethel, MN 55005; email: email@example.com. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 10, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
You acknowledge and agree that upon receipt of a notice of a claim of copyright infringement, we may immediately remove the identified Nurses International Content from the Sites without liability to you or any other party, and that the claims of the complaining party and the party that originally posted the Nurses International Content will be referred to the United States Copyright Office for adjudication as provided in the DMCA. Additionally, we may decide, in our sole discretion, to take further disciplinary action, including account suspension or termination, if you repeatedly upload or link to copyright infringing material. If you believe that your Submission that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Submission, you may send a counter notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent: a) your physical or electronic signature; b) identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled; c) a statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; d) your name, address, telephone number, and email address; e) a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in California; and f) a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Nurses International may send a copy of the counter notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member, or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter notice, at Nurses International’s sole discretion.
- Translation of the SitesFor your convenience, Nurses International may offer access to an electronic translation service hosted by Google™ Translate. Google™ Translate may not always give you an exact translation. Anyone relying on information obtained from Google™ Translate does so at his or her own risk. Nurses International cannot approve or endorse this program or the results generated therefrom. Nurses International does not make any promises, warranties, or guarantees as to the accuracy of the translations provided, and shall not be liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, the use or performance of such information.
- Disclaimer of WarrantiesTHE SITES AND ALL CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NURSES INTERNATIONAL AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR THE SITES, THE CONTENT, OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITES, FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR HYPERTEXT LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES, OR FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THE SITES OR ASSOCIATED MATERIALS OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITE. NURSES INTERNATIONAL MAKES NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE MATERIALS ON THESE SITES CONFORM TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS, AND IF YOU ARE ACCESSING THESE SITES FROM A LOCATION OUTSIDE MINNESOTA, YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH YOUR LOCAL LAWS. NURSES INTERNATIONAL AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NURSES INTERNATIONAL MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITES, THE CONTENT, OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITES. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
- Security and Password.In the event that you are given a username and password to access certain portions of the Sites, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and for any and all statements made and acts or omissions that occur through the use of your password and account, including any mail sent and any charges incurred. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your password and account. Our personnel will never ask you for your password. You may not transfer or share your account with anyone, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account in the event of any unauthorized transfer or sharing thereof.
- International Use.Although the Sites may be accessible worldwide, Nurses International makes no representations that the Nurses International Content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Nurses International Content (including Software) may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries, and accordingly accessing Nurses International Content from territories where it is illegal to do so is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Sites from outside of the United States do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of their jurisdiction. Any offer for any product, service, and/or information made in connection with the Sites is void where prohibited.You agree that you will not directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or knowingly permit the export or re-export of the Sites or any Nurses International Content to any country or otherwise use the Sites or any Nurses International Content in violation of any applicable export or other laws and regulations of the U.S. or any other country.